I am so honored to announce that “Midnight Musings” has won its first blog award! Lisa over at qualcosa di bello (who I believe was the first person to ever blogroll Midnight Musings) has honored me with the Arte Y Pico award for blog creativity, design, interesting material, and contributions to the blogging community, no matter what the language. I am thrilled to accept this award. Thanks, Lisa!
[And to think I once asked my husband if it was worth blogging if no one ever read what I wrote. I’m glad I stuck with it – and moved to WordPress where I can glance at the blog visitor stats every so often. (Ok…so I look at them obsessively many times a day if I’m home…but I don’t have a problem…really! Did you know that 30 to 40 people read this blog every day? Wow!)]
There are five rules associated with this award:
1. Winners may pick 5 blogs that they believe deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and contributions to the blogging community, no matter what the language.
2. Each award given has to list the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
3. Each award winner has to show the award graphic along with the bestowing author’s name and blog link.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize must show the link of the Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. (The author is a blogger in Uruguay).
5. Each award winner should post these rules.
(Ok…so I did a little research and this award was apparently just started on Friday, May 2, 2008. But when you google it, there are already 128,000 hits. Ah, the power of the internet! The popularity of this award is growing almost as fast as the gas prices!)
In the interest of sharing the love, here are my nominees for this award. Please visit and bookmark their sites. You’ll be glad you did!
* John Schinker at Taste of Tech, who got me started and hooked on this whole blogging phenomenon, patiently answered all my questions (or referred me to the right websites for answers), and keeps me learning about and growing with new technology. He’s also the best husband in the whole universe!
* Alvin Trusty at Alvin’s Educational Technology Blog for his TSPY (Time Saved Per Year) tips and tricks! Aside from Taste of Tech, this was the first blog I ever followed (which motivated me to learn about Protopage and RSS feeds!) I hope I get to meet Alvin in person someday, even is he still hasn’t tried out the Memory Manager software I sent him. (-:
* Julie Stiles Mills at the Pragmatic Compendium whose tagline is, “I Breathe, Therefore I Organize!” I found her recently, but her posts make me laugh out loud and her style is incomparable.
* Rebecca Borelli for the Art in Your Heart blog. She is the art teacher at Woodland Elementary and I LOVE that she’s embracing technology by creating this blog. It’s the first blog my kids have bookmarked and read on their own – and even commented on!